Tesia

For users or potential users.
Toothdr97

Tesia

Post by Toothdr97 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:00 am

We are having an issue with the e-claims with Tesia. We send the claims, but we are not getting the acknowledgement that it has been sent. (Ack code). After talking with Tesia, they say it is an open-dental issue. Anyone else have this problem. How can we fix it. Tesia does say they are recieving the claims, but OD does not show them accepted.

parksjdp

Re: Tesia

Post by parksjdp » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:22 am

I just checked ours and the ack code is missing for us as well. It appears that June 9 was the last time we got any acknowledgement back. When was the last day for you?

So they are getting the claim, we just don't know that? Then this should not slow down payments correct? I only ask because my AR has jumped 15K in 2 weeks.
JD Parks
Pratice Manager
Patera Family Dentistry
712-364-3101
jparks@paterafamilydentistry.com

Toothdr97

Post by Toothdr97 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:30 am

My last ack code was 6/11/08. I checked the metlife website, some of the claims where there, but some where not. It is a bit inconvienient not knowing if the went or not. Got a Text report today with no rejected claims. We shall see. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:56 am

First of all, the ack is a fairly immediate response, within a few minutes. But even if that is getting missed for some reason as now seems to be the case, you will still get 3 different summary reports the following day that will confirm whether the claims went through. So the ack is handy, but not essential. I suggest that users with this problem spend some time learning to read their reports while we sort this out.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:26 pm

The bug has been identified. It's a bug on Tesia's end with the format of their 997s. I am in communication with their programmer to get it fixed. In the meantime, use reports.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com