Strange printer problems v5.6

For users or potential users.
savvy

Strange printer problems v5.6

Post by savvy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:39 pm

These issues (maybe just one) began occurring after upgrading from version 5 to version 6.

Our default printer (has been since the beginning) is a HP LaserJet 4050 TN which only prints in black and white.
Prior to v5.6 all is well.
Since the upgrade, when the schedule is printed, all the patients and associated appointment data is printed clearly and definitively, however, all of the background printing, time block lines, hour, etc get printed VERY light, almost non existant.
Also printed very light in the center of the page, also very light are the words, "Daily Schedule for (today's date)".

When we print paper insurance forms, all the patient data is crisp and clear, however, the form itself is very light.
When we print statements, the "cut here" is faint.

When we print to our HP ColorLaserJet 4550, in color and in black and white, the schedule, statements and the insurance forms are printed the same above thing occurs, but a very strange second thing happens.....there is no "Daily Schedule for.." printed on the schedule.

Anything else sent to either printer prints fine

When we print to our HP Photosmart 7320 printer, in both draft and Best quality, all is fine but the "Daily Schedule for..." is not printed.

What's up?

Cheers!!!
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Strange printer problems v5.6

Post by jordansparks » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:16 pm

The schedule printing is taken from a screenshot. So I think you might be noticing that you got a new monitor rather than that you upgraded versions of OD. Insurance form backgrounds are also bitmaps, so the other possibility is some printer driver setting was changed for bitmaps. I'm really not sure. For starters, try printing your schedule from a monitor that's at 1024x768.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:56 pm

You are correct. I did get a new monitor. However none of the on screen schedules on any of my 10 monitors states "Daily Appointments" in the middle of the schedule.

Just how might one change a printer to 1074 x 768?
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Sorry, I meant monitor. I edited my post to show this. I'll look for where the "Daily Appointments" text might be coming from.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com