Insurance Verification List issue

For users or potential users.
supersasan

Insurance Verification List issue

Post by supersasan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Hello

We just converted from EagleSoft and we are having so many issues and no one really can or is willing to help. every rep gives a different answer and most of the time the answer is incorrect and it takes me days to figure something out. now i am here , hoping i get my answers easier.

Insurance verification list generates a list based on 3 criteria. Days until scheduled appointment, Benefit Verification date and Eligibility Verification date.

it seems that open dental treat both Benefit and eligibility dates the same. Basically if either one( eligibility or Benefits ) is within their respective defined range, then they won't show up in the list. In reality, it should be BOTH have to be within the date not just one. This is making the list absolutely useless. Why is it even there?

Example. We have the numbers set at 7/180/7 ( example, 180 days since the last verification and 2 days since the last eligibility ) because we want benefits to get verified every 6 months and eligibility being verified every 7 days. so a patient that their eligibility has been verified one day ago but benefits is not verified for 9 months should be on the list. but they don't show up on the list.

Or another example. If the Benefits is checked 4 months ago ( earlier than 180 days ), it doesn't matter when the eligibility is checked as long as it's more within 4 months. Patient won't show up on the list.

Is there a way to fix this?

supersasan

Re: Insurance Verification List issue

Post by supersasan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Please let me know if anyone knows why this happens or how i can make the list work properly

tgriswold

Re: Insurance Verification List issue

Post by tgriswold » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:33 am

You can check out https://opendental.com/manual/insverifylist.html for more information on how these list filters work. My short testing does not have the issues you describe in this task, I would check your filters and make sure the patient appointment is within the range you have set. The first column of the list "Type" will show Pat, Ins or Pat/Ins depending on which need to be checked. From my testing in 18.3 (It hasn't changed much since 17.4, a couple fixes up to 18.2) having pat or ins checked but not the other does not exclude them from showing as long as the filters are set correctly.
If you are confident that there is a patient that should be showing but isn't, please call in and show this issue to our support staff with a specific example. If they confirm the settings are correct but cannot resolve the issue they can escalate this issue to engineers and we will look into why this might be happening.
Travis Griswold
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com