Inconsistent Times on TimeSheets

For users or potential users.
lennox

Inconsistent Times on TimeSheets

Post by lennox » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:54 am

I recently upgraded from OD v7.0.11 to v17.3.xx. One of the changes I really like is the shift from decimal times in timesheets to clock times. So rather than 6.5 hours, it says 6:30 (6hrs and 30 minutes).

This makes it easier to check times when entering them into the payment system. However, I have noticed that there is a difference (likely due to rounding seconds) between the daily hours, weekly hours, and total timeperiod hours, where each level up may have a few minutes more than the level down. I imagine that is because it is running a direct query for each of those periods and rounding the results, rather than rounding at the day level and adding that result after the rounding.

Is it only me seeing this issue, or is this a known bug? I tried searching the forums but could not find anything on it. It means I have to arbitrarily add an adjustment to a day or two in my payment system to make things match up, or explain to employees why I am "skimming" a few minutes off of their time. Or is this just an issue for the first paycheck after a conversion? Will this go away on the next paycheck, when all clocktimes are created within the new system?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lennox

cmcgehee

Re: Inconsistent Times on TimeSheets

Post by cmcgehee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm

I haven't heard of any other customers that have rounding problems on time cards in 17.3. I would call in to support to see if we can find why the times aren't adding up properly.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com