Broken recall appts are not showing up on recall list

For users or potential users.
brentwood

Broken recall appts are not showing up on recall list

Post by brentwood » Thu May 02, 2013 6:05 am

I found that if a patient has a broken recall appointment in appointment module, then that patient will not be on recall list. So essentially Open Dental thinks that patient has the recall appointment booked already though it is broken AND in the past. I really would like to mark that appointment as broken and in the mean time have him on the recall list. It seems to me a pretty serious bug. When Open Dental compiles the recall list, it should take into the account of the recall appointment status AND the time of the appointment. So if an recall appointment is before today and it is not marked as complete, it will not show up in recall list, either. Can we fix this bug in next release? Thanks for your help.

jsalmon

Re: Broken recall appts are not showing up on recall list

Post by jsalmon » Thu May 02, 2013 10:59 am

Setup > Recall > set your Days Past to something ridiculous like 9000 (or just enough to encompass the recalls "Due Date") and that will default the date rang in the Recall List window to show EVERY recall procedure that has a due date within the range and no appointment in the future. I think that's what you're wanting.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com