Canadian claim issue

For users or potential users.
jourdo

Canadian claim issue

Post by jourdo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:20 am

I'm not entirely sure if this was an isolated issue or not (I don't do a ton of perio surgery). We had a claim that appeared to go through fine for a gingivectomy and looks like on our end the sextant was on the claim form. However, we got a letter from the insurance company asking for the sextant... which we thought went through electronically.

Is this an Open Dental problem? An iTrans problem? An Alberta Blue Cross problem?

I'm just trying to figure out where to address this.

Thanks!

EDIT: I just printed the claim form to resend and the sextant is not on there, even though it shows on the chart. Just FYI.

jsalmon

Re: Canadian claim issue

Post by jsalmon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:57 am

I did some quick digging around in the code and found that we don't send the sextant for Canadian e-claims or printed claims. We don't even send sextants for American printed claims. There might be something simple to do instead of trying to send the sextant and I'm just missing it... I'm going to be doing some more research on this.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

jourdo

Post by jourdo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Awesome!

grahamde

Post by grahamde » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:51 am

jourdo, you are correct, the electronic claims were never sending the sextant information. A change has been made to the program in version 13.1.19(beta) which sends the sextant information. The program allows sending sextant values 1 through 6. If anything other than 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 is entered for a sextant value, then the sextant information will not be sent.
Derek
Open Dental Software