error saving document

For users or potential users.
sam-I-am

error saving document

Post by sam-I-am » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:28 am

When trying to print bills from a workstation, I got 'error saving document'. I then was able to print successfully from the server.

What I don't understand, is that I have always in the past printed bills form the same workstation with never a problem (its the workstation that is directly connected to the printer). So what should I look for to fix this?

Thanks in Advance,

Sam Barr

jsalmon

Re: error saving document

Post by jsalmon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 pm

You simply need to grant read and write permissions for that workstation/user on your OpenDentImages share. It's failing when the workstation is trying to save the bill to the patient's AtoZ folder. I'd just have your IT person or whoever set up your network grant the permissions on the share or give us a call and we can help you do it as well.

Some times it's new anti-virus updates so you might want to double check that Open Dental is added to the list of trusted applications if there is such a list in your anti-virus software. One rare situation was fixed by setting the owner of the OpenDentImages folder to "Everyone". You shouldn't have to do that but if all else fails, it might help.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

sam-I-am

Re: error saving document

Post by sam-I-am » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:01 am

Sam