Printing a Sheet Question

For users or potential users.
jourdo

Printing a Sheet Question

Post by jourdo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 am

One other thing that popped up recently:

I scanned in a copy of the oral surgeon's referral pad into OD and made a sheet out of it. I figured it would make filling those out easier, and automatically store a copy in the system. However, when I print it out to give to the patient, I notice that some of the sheet is cut off by the printer. I finally figured out how to print in landscape, but I am still losing some of the sheet. Is there a setting to correct the print margins?

I'm not sure what else to change to make it look normal when I print it.

jsalmon

Re: Printing a Sheet Question

Post by jsalmon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:38 pm

If your sheet has dimensions that can fit on the paper you are trying to print on (ex: 850 x 1100) then the easiest solution would be to change your printer's settings when printing the margins. Some printers call it "Borderless" printing, it's usually obvious whatever it's called. If that doesn't work then the hard solution would be to shrink your image on the sheet a little bit (double click on the image in the Fields list to get to its properties) and then adjust all of the fields on the sheet so that they line up with the shrunk image so that the sheet fits within the margins that your printer refuses to print on.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

jourdo

Post by jourdo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:08 am

So, my oral surgeon put his referral forms on his website and I ended up dropping this project until now.

I am at it again with an insurance form and having the same issues. I tried changing the settings in the printer like you suggested and nothing happened. I also tried resetting the size of the sheet and image and no real change. I am still getting edges cut off.

My work around that I am using right now is printing as a PDF and then scaling the document through Adobe to print to the printer. It shows up fine in Adobe, but when I go to the print preview, it is definitely still cut off until I scale it.

Are there sheet sizes that you would recommend for standard paper to skip through the margin issues I am having?

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:44 pm

If your work around is to scale the sheet down in Adobe then the sheet that Open Dental is creating is correct and all you need to do is adjust the printers margins. Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Right click on the printer > Printer Properties. Go find the default margins in there and make them smaller and it should work.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com