Track Updated Health History / Mass Update Addr/Phone Note

For users or potential users.
joshuab

Track Updated Health History / Mass Update Addr/Phone Note

Post by joshuab » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:57 am

Is there a way to massively update all patients in the system to UNCHECK all "Same for entire family" check boxes for "Address and Phone Notes" for the Patient Information? Also, is there a way to massively clear the note/data (once a year)?

To obtain most up to date health history and insurance details we ask all patients in the new year. To track this, we have been updating the "Address and Phone Notes" field for the patient information, which displays nicely in red on the Family page. The problem is that if someone forgets to uncheck this box, it shows the same note for all family members, defeating the purpose.

Or, is there an easier way to track, by patient, if X (something) has been done/updated?

Thanks.

Jorgebon

Re: Track Updated Health History / Mass Update Addr/Phone No

Post by Jorgebon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 pm

You can add a custom field to the patient module by going to SETUP/PATIENT FIELD DEFS.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

joshuab

Post by joshuab » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Jorge, perfect! Thank you. Didn't know about this feature.

Now that I've added a few testing, I was able to delete one, but another won't delete. An error lists the 2 patients it is in use for but I've cleared the values. Anyway to delete? It doesn't show in Setup->Display Fields->PatientInformation to be able to hide. :(

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:58 pm

You should be able to delete if you really did clear out the values. Keep trying. I would say it's a bug if you really can't delete.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

joshuab

Post by joshuab » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:34 am

Got it after changing the field type and setting values and removing them. Not sure which method worked but did finally get it.